Children's Education to be 'Gored'?
Swindle or Truth - let the kids decide
The Association of British Drivers are concerned that the Government intends to show politician and climate alarmist Al Gore's propaganda film 'An Inconvenient Truth' in schools. The 1996 Education Act prohibits "partisan views on any subject" and Article 407.1 states that schools must ensure that "where political issues are brought to the attention of pupils, they are offered a balanced presentation of opposing views."
ABD spokesman Paul Biggs said,
"The recent Wag TV documentary 'The Great Global Warming Swindle,' shown on Channel 4, has helped debunk the claims made in 'An Inconvenient Truth.' For example, recent peer reviewed scientific publications refute claims that the Gulf Stream is slowing down, and that the heat wave of 2003 or increased hurricane intensity were caused by man-made global warming driven by carbon dioxide. The temperature trends at the surface and in the lower atmosphere (troposphere), along with ocean heat content, are not behaving in the way that climate models of enhanced greenhouse warming say that they should. Malaria will not spread due to global warming and Polar Bears aren't an endangered species. Furthermore, An Inconvenient Truth failed to mention the fact that rises in atmospheric carbon dioxide have lagged behind temperature rises throughout the Earth's climate history."
ABD Environment spokesman Ben Adams said,
"After being vilified — by ministers who have chauffeured limos and an environmental movement that accepts flying long haul to sign copies of a book — for daring to drive their children to school in heavily taxed cars using heavily taxed fuel on a crumbling road network, parents now confront the prospect of their children facing indoctrination dressed up as science. If they want both sides of the global warming debate to be shown, they should ask the headteacher or the governing body to obtain the DVD of The Great Global Warming Swindle."
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- The documentary "The Great Global Warming Swindle" can be obtained on DVD from Wag TV
- Daily Telegraph — School row over Al Gore film
- Daily Telegraph letters — Rock music climate
- ABD climate change truths
- Tropospheric temperature change since 1979 from tropical radiosonde and satellite measurements
Christy J. R., W. B. Norris, R. W. Spencer, J. J. Hnilo (2007); J. Geophys. Res., 112, D06102, doi:10.1029/ 2005JD006881
- Correction to 'Recent Cooling of the Upper Ocean [pdf]
by Josh K. Willis, John M. Lyman, Gregory C. Johnson and John Gilson. 2007
- Increased tropical Atlantic wind shear in model projections of global warming
Paper: Vecchi G. A., B. J. Soden (2007), Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L08702, doi:10.1029/ 2006GL028905.
- Contribution of land-atmosphere coupling to recent European summer heat waves
Fischer E. M., S. I. Seneviratne, D. Lüthi, C. Schär (2007), Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L06707, doi:10.1029/2006GL029068.
- Was the 2003 European summer heat wave unusual in a global context? [pdf]
Chase, T.N., K. Wolter, R.A. Pielke Sr., and Ichtiaque Rasool, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L23709, doi:10.1029/2006GL027470.
- False Alarm: Atlantic Conveyor Belt Hasn't Slowed Down After All
Kerr, R. A., 2006, Science, 314, 1064, doi: 10.1126/science.314.5802.1064a.
- From Shakespeare to Defoe: Malaria in England in the Little Ice Age
Paul Reiter, CDC, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2000.
- Polar bears defy extinction threat
- Timing of atmospheric CO2 and Antarctic temperature changes across Termination III
Caillon, N., Severinghaus, J.P., Jouzel, J., Barnola, J.-M., Kang, J. and Lipenkov, V.Y. 2003. . Science 299: 1728-1731.
- Atmospheric CO2 concentrations over the last glacial termination.
Monnin, E., Indermühle, A., Dällenbach, A., Flückiger, J, Stauffer, B., Stocker, T.F., Raynaud, D. and Barnola, J.-M. 2001. Science 291: 112-114.
Notes for Editors about the ABD